Sunday, November 20, 2011

Last night.

Last night we stayed out until 10 pm.

Last night I stayed out the latest I have in over TEN months.
and it was 10 o clock.


but MAN did it feel good.

A teen movie with vampires and warewolves. So easy to get caught up in it all.

and then delish italian food with some great friends.

I. Loved. It.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

For one night I wasn't just a mom and grad student. I was me again.

But around 8:30 I started itching to get back.
To check on those little warm bodies in their cribs.
To curl up on the couch in comfy clothes.

10 o clock seemed late. and while I used to not even be going out until 10, it was late enough for me.

So thank you, friends who helped me feel like more than a mom for a couple of hours. Thank you for the tears of laughter, and the grown up conversation that did not revolve around nap and nursing schedules or how many time outs happened today. I am forever grateful that I could share by 27th birthday celebration with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment