Friday, October 1, 2010

The way I see it.


So heres the thing. I really love being pregnant.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I misjudge the belly knocking a bowl off the counter and breaking it, or carrying my 22 pound toddler up the stairs again because I forgot my grocery list. But overall it is amazing.

I love to watch my belly grow. I love the bumps and kicks I get throughout the day that are just mine and her secret. I love that I'm never alone, there is always another person with me. I love how empowered I feel. I love how close I feel to my Creator as my body creates.

gestating is a wonderful, amazing thing.

And though it is a Lot different the second time around with a different life and number one running on high energy at all times, it is just another new experience I can chalk up to motherhood.

I have been doing a lot of the picture above though, I have to admit. The toddler tornado comes through about 4 times per day after I clean up after her, and I'm learning to just let it be as difficult as that is. The dishes don't get done enough, dirty (and clean for that matter) clothes are laying in pile around my house. But I'm enjoying it. Trying to stretch out these last four months that I have her all to myself. Soaking up every punch, every kick, every twinge of round ligament pain, every moment.

2 comments:

  1. Three things:
    1. I cannot believe E. is 22 pounds.
    2. You have a belly!!!
    3. I suspect that I will most certainly share these thoughts with you some day and I absolutely love to get a glimpse at how beautiful it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo, Kelly. So glad to hear little E is gonna get a baby sister. Aren't sisters the best of blessings? Thanks for keeping this blog...

    ReplyDelete