Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome, 2010. We've been waiting for you!



Happy New Year! (and Penn State win!!)

I spent my New Year's Eve quietly with my favorite skywalker and Ella Monster. It was fantastically relaxing (even if I fell asleep on the couch and the fireworks woke me up..). We ate a little, read lots of books until the little one went to bed and then read/watched football until it was time for the big moment.

I'm not one to get overly excited about New Year's Eve, but I really appreciated looking back over this very eventful and life changing year with my newly developed family. It was really...perfect.

I have a thing about resolutions. I love love love them, and think it is amazing to be able to start something new-as long as you are going to finish it. I like most don't complete my NY resolution. Last year it was to eat peanut butter everyday-but I only got until the end of March. So I've realized that I need to have a plan, a deciding goal that tells me if I have completed my resolution. So here-for the world to see (and for my accountability) are my three NY resolutions:

1. To run a 10k race. I have run tons of 10k distances-but I want to run in a real race, and finish, and get the tshirt and medal, not just a bottle of gatorade from the TNT coach at the end. 10k race it is.

2. I want to go to one yoga class every week this year (ok, this may be changed during CPE in the summer...but I reserve the right to reevaluate at any time.) I did yoga every week of my pregnancy and felt fantastic! I love the meditative nature and the connectivness I feel after practicing this art which people have been doing for hundreds of years.

3. Be more financially fiscal. I need to learn to balance needs/wants/money more. I haven't totally figured out how to measure this yet. But I guess if i have more at the end of the year than I do now (which will truefully not be one bit hard) than I will have been successful. But the need to create is an expensive need.


So there you have it.


2010 Here I come. Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment