Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vacation mode.

As I write this I'm sitting on a navy blue couch, surrounded by cheesy fish hanging on the wall, an ancient boombox sitting on top of the microwave, nautical pillows all around, and to my right is floor to ceiling glass with the lapping ocean maybe 100 feet away.

Full. On. Vacation mode.

The reality of my life right now is that we're moving. Next week.
What?
The week after that I'm starting a two year internship.
What?

But to be totally honest I haven't thought about this very scary and stressful reality in two days.

Yesterday I took a solo roadtrip to celebrate the wedding of my oldest sister at her shower on staten island. It was beautiful. Heather glowed, and the space was gorgeous..
Then I road tripped down the coast of nj and joined Luke, the girls, and his family right on the coast.

There has been a lot of sitting around, a lot if sand, and a lot of reading for pleasure...
The. Best.

It is always easy to slip into vacation. The relaxed schedule. The eating al fresco every meal. The constant flow of laid back music. It is good for the soul.

And so I now will Slide off my flip flops, walk outside, step onto the sand for an evening stroll at the edge of the ocean under the stars.

If you told me this is what heaven is like, i'd totally get behind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment