Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maternal Fetal

Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment with the midwife as well as my non stress test. Both went well. I got yelled at for everything as per usual with the midwife-nothing I ever do is right or good enough. I fight back and L gets silently angry to burst as soon as we hit the elevator. I can't stay silent so I fight everything which does, I admit, make our appointments a bit longer than they need to or should be. Whatever, we're almost done with her and then never again.

I had three big registering contractions during the test, but nothing too painful so it was not a worry. BabyGirl is still moving really well and we just had to wait out the rest of the 20 minutes after she peaked and moved 8 times in the first 3 minutes.

this morning I went to Maternal Fetal Medicine for my last ultrasound. They needed to measure her and check the fluid to make sure she wasn't too big. After having a crappy time finding it, they were very nice and took me right back. She's weighing in at a very average 7 pounds. Yay! However, they were my life savers when they told me that they are recommending I be induced at 39 weeks. Wooohooo!! Next week, next week and I'm DONE with this part. I can have my body back, stop taking the stupid glyburide and not have to worry about going into diabetic shock between every meal! Plus, i'll get to meet this sweet little stubborn girl I've been carrying with me for 9 months. I can't wait...

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I can't believe it's so soon. If you actually schedule a date to be induced, please let me know! Can't wait to see you Saturday. I want to hear more about what your midwife's problem is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!!! yay!!!! :) so...i'm hoping it's not on the 18th or 20th...i have dr. appt those days...haha :)

    ReplyDelete