Tuesday, June 22, 2010

PuttPutt


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

My Great Grandma Putnick is  was 93 years old. She has been battling Alzheimer's disease for a number of years now. Her husband died shortly after I was born. She has two daughters, three grandchildren, six great grandchildren and two great great grandchildren. She lived a long, full and from what I can tell. She raised a good family, and she was loved.

For a few days we knew it was close to the end. grandma bennett flew back from Florida, and preparations were starting to be made. I said to Luke that I think that she was waiting for something, and when she found what she was looking for she would let herself go. Mom and Grandma Bennett spent the afternoon with her, 45 minutes after they left, so did she. She found what she was waiting for.

There is an certain calm in my family right now as we all call each other, breaking the news, making travel plans. I think we've been preparing for this for a long time. 

I've been working closely with victims of Alzheimer's disease the past few weeks. It is a painful disease, but in some ways distances the loved ones so much that it makes the end a little more calm.

there is more peace.

"Peace I Leave with you"

Love you Grandma Putnick, thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment