Monday, December 21, 2009

Blizzard weekend 2009

There was a lot of snow this weekend-we got 15 inches on Saturday! It was beautiful, and a fantastic time for us to be snowed in. we worked on Christmas projects, wrapped presents, and enjoyed the quietness that fresh snow can bring. L was on the snow all day at Liberty, but got home early to spend the evening with us.

Ella also met her Auntie Abby for the first time. Instant mutual love.


After the day of snow, rest, and a little cutting and sewing, all of EM's stocking gifts are ready to go. She has no idea..
I finished a hat I love. It is great to cover my non-washed mama hair and is a fun bright color to get us through the dreariness that winter can sometimes bring. EM likes it too...

The next couple of days bring visitors, cooking, and last minute holiday preparations. I can't wait for my family to come and celebrate together! The tree is sparkling, the gifts are wrapped and placed under the tree...I can smell Christmas, it's almost here! (p.s. bonus points if you can name the book this line is from. Hint: It's currently em's favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment