Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Learning how to deal.

Everything has been going very well with our little Ellaphant. Her birth weight plumeted after we took her home, but by monday it was back up and she gained an ounce over her birth weight. Reasons to celebrate! Yesterday we celebrated her One Week Birthday! Hard to believe that it has only been a week. It went fast and felt like eternity all at the same time, similar to camp actually (days are long, weeks are short).

nights have been going ok. I stay up and do the first two feedings while L goes to sleep around 9. I Join him around 12:30, and he does the other two. He's getting a lot of good sleep, and I'm getting enough and can take a nap in the middle of the day. I can't tell you how blessed we are so far with such a good baby. I definitely read about other mom's experiences and and Thank God everyday that I'm having a good experience.

Last night L worked, and I had an interview with a church in Mechanicsburg so Mim babysat for the first time. Both the babysitting and the interview went well, I got a second interview in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how the fit is, but thats what the second interview is for.

Last night I wasn't feeling too hot (actually, I was feeling very hot which was the problem.), but I thought maybe I just overdid it going out. This morning I woke up and didn't feel so hot. By midday I was very feverish, bad chills and flu-like symptoms. I took my temp-101.2! Called the midwife and was in the office by three. Apparently I have double mastitis. It is very painful and the fever keeps breaking and then coming back. I'm now on Keflex which I was on earlier this summer for my staff infection before they found it to be MRSA. Hopefully this will clear it up soon and I can feel better and get back to taking care of my babygirl.

Luke goes back for a full day tomorrow, so I feel like it's kind of a test. But Katie is coming over in the evening to make some dinner for us and visit her. I'm really looking forward to some girl time.



No comments:

Post a Comment